By federal and state law, Station Dental is required to protect the privacy of your health information. This notice describes our practices, and legal duties, and your rights concerning your health and additional collected information. We reserve the right to change this policy, provided these changes are permitted by applicable law.
Station Dental is dedicated to protecting your privacy online and we pledge to keep all information you share with us online confidential.
All email communications will offer the choice to opt-out, and all communications will only be sent with the intent of providing useful information.
Disclosures of Health Information
- We may use and disclose your health information to other healthcare providers who are also providing treatment to you.
- We may use and disclose your health information to secure payment for services we provide to you.
- You may provide us written authorization to provide your healthcare for any purpose, including but not limited to marketing practices.
- We may use and disclose your health information to family members or persons responsible for your care in the event of emergency or circumstances using our professional judgement.
- We may use your personal health information to offer you goods and services or to request surveys.
- We may use aggregate information that is exclusive of personally identifiable information for the use of improvement and learning, or for the purposes of analytics.
- We may use and disclose your health information if we are required by law.
- We may use and disclose your health information for the purpose of appointment reminders including but not limited to digital communications, voicemail, postcards and/or letters.
You have the right to request, inspect and copy your health information, with limited exceptions. This includes information from your chart, x-rays, billing and other records created by the dentist and practice. Depending on circumstances, Station Dental may opt to deny access to these records. You may have the right to review this decision.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated by Station Dental, you may file a complaint with us by notifying our Managing Director of your complaint. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
This notice was published and made effective on April 28, 2017