Sedation Dentistry: The Comforting Choice for Anxious Patients
If you're one of the many people who avoid the dentist because you're anxious about dental procedures, sedation dentistry may be the perfect solution for you. Sedation dentistry involves using medications to help patients relax and feel comfortable during their dental treatment. At our dental offices in Arvada, Castle Rock, Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, and Aurora, we offer a variety of sedation options to meet your needs. We understand that some people are apprehensive about dental treatments, and we want to make sure that your visit is as comfortable as possible.
Sedation options available to patients
There are a few different types of sedation dentistry, and the type that is best for you will depend on your level of anxiety and your health history. The three most common types of sedation are nitrous oxide, oral sedation, and IV sedation.
- Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a sedative gas that is inhaled through a mask. It works quickly to relax patients and usually wears off within minutes after the procedure is over.
- Oral sedation involves taking a pill before your appointment. This type of sedation will make you drowsy, but you will still be awake and able to respond to the dentist.
- IV sedation is the strongest type of sedation and is administered through a vein in your arm. You will be unconscious during the procedure and will not remember it afterward.
Sedation dentistry can be used for many dental procedures, including routine cleanings, fillings, crowns, and extractions. If you're interested in sedation dentistry, we'll work with you to determine the best sedation option for your individual needs. We want you to feel comfortable and relaxed during your dental visit, and sedation dentistry can help make that happen.
Contact any of our offices today to learn more about sedation dentistry and how it can help you have a more comfortable dental experience. We look forward to meeting you!
Book a sedation dentistry appointment now
- Experience a more comfortable appointment
- Get the work you need done in fewer visits
- Look forward to future treatments
- A safe & effective way to receive care
- Feel refreshed & relaxed afterward
We're here to help you receive the care you need!
Please note that while we accept all PPO insurance plans and provide a Dental Membership Plan, we do not accept Medicaid and similar insurances.
Still Have Questions?